40 Interesting & Unknown Papaya Facts
The papaya is a mildly sweet, soft, greenish/yellow healthy tropical fruit and it is one of the most favorites fruit all the time due to it’s nutritional, digestive, and medicinal properties. Continue reading these 40 Interesting Papaya Facts to find out more about papaya.
1. The papaya belongs to the Carica Papaya tree.
2. The papaya is a tropical fruit tree and it is also famous as the names Papaw and Pawpaw.
3. The papaya originated in the tropical regions of the Americas.
4. There was a time when papaya was considered as an exotic fruit because it was found in Mexico and Central America.
5. The papaya fruit is actually a large berry.
6. The papaya tree grows anywhere between 5 meters and 10 meters.
7. It is a fast growing tree and can bear fruits within 6 months to 12 months.
8. The lower trunk is full of scars.
9. Papaya’s female flowers have a superior ovary loosely connected at the base.
Source: Media Source