40 Interesting & Unknown Mango Facts
Mangoes are one of the most delicious, nutrient-rich fruit and also known as the king of fruits in many parts of the world. Regardless of being the most well-liked fruit worldwide, mangoes are still considered exotic by Americans. To learn more about the king of fruits, read the 40 Interesting Mango Facts.
1. Mango was first grown in India over 5,000 years ago and it is one of the oldest fruit known to India.
2. The seeds of Mangoes traveled with humans from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa and South America beginning around 400 A.D.
3. The paisley pattern or mango’s round shape developed in India.
4. The Ambika – goddess of Jain religion is traditionally represented as sitting under a mango tree.
5. Mangoes are related to pistachios and cashews.
6. Mango flowers are small and white with five petals 5–10 mm.
Source: Media Source